Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Some realizations.....

After reading a friends blog post tonight I realized I am nutz.  Yes, I spelled that with a "z".  Somehow that shows just how crazy I am, right?  My life as a mom can get pretty boring I find entertainment where I can.  Somehow today ended up being a rather entertaining Monday.  Maybe it's because all of the sickness finally seems to be heading OUT of our house. Maybe it's because I've been cooped up for too long.  Maybe it's because the family and I have a fun week planned. Or maybe I'm just a nutjob.  Hard telling.

Anyhow, today started out much like any other Monday morning. Heat up oatmeal, make coffee, pack lunch, get Trinity her juice and to the potty before we have screaming fits over either one. Flop on the couch and drink my cold coffee.  Typically once I flop down I turn on cartoons for Trinity (yes, I DO let my 2 year old watch television!) and I Facebook stalk...well, pretty much everyone on my friends list. And, truth be told, some of ya'll are boring. This Monday morning was no different. At 7:30 AM I drifted off to sleep on the couch, Abi was still in bed, Trinity was in cartoon land, I was good.  About 30 seconds after I drifted off Trinity proudly yelled in my face, "MOMMY I GOT IT!" and started shaking something at me.  Apparently she has learned how to open the fridge, grab the jug of juice and shake it menacingly at her sleeping mommy.  Alrighty, juice poured. Back to sleep at 7:37AM.

8:22 AM:  I shoot up off the couch panicking that Abi is awake and crying because mommy didn't get her.  False alarm, she's still passed out.  OK, good...now I have time for Pinterest.  After I search for a bajillion hair bow ideas that I'll never make and neatly pin them to my clipboard and find another bajillion recipes that I may or may not ever make, Abi is actually awake.  And laughing. Good start...no Trinity I do not need you to empty the drawers, thanks for the offer, no Trinity stop it! Trinity, go use the potty....ok bottle made. Diaper changed. Check!  Back to the couch to feed Abi and stalk Facebook some more.

After bottle time is cleaning time and on Mondays, coupon cutting/organizing time. While doing this I get the brilliant idea to use the Live Chat on the Great Wolf Lodge website to ask if they do a military discount. I'm not too worried about it one way or another, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right?  This is the point in my day that I start questioning my own sanity.  To make sure we were eligible for the discount they asked the question, "Will the military member be staying in the room with you?" Instead of a simple, "Yes, he will" I feel the need to respond with, "Gosh, I sure hope so. We've only been married for 3 years and I still kinda like him".   This was followed with a long pause, which gave me PLENTY of time to question my sanity.  At least they told me that it was good to hear that we still liked each other....

Fast forward:  4PM, Abi is napping, Trinity and I are playing with Barbies on the living room floor.  I'm sick of the runny noses. I'm sick of my toddler wiping her nose on her sleeve. At my wits end I tell her, "Trinity, if you wipe your nose on your sleeve again, I'm stealing your nose. STOP WIPING YOUR NOSE ON YOUR SLEEVE!!"  The poor child looked at me totally bewildered for a few moments. Probably wondering what I was going to do with her nose once I stole it.  Then she slowly leaned over turned her head, and wiped her nose on the side of the couch.  The only thing I could even try to do at that point....was laugh.

Between 4 and 7 PM is kind of a blur.  We have dinner, we played some more Barbies, had a bath with green water (yea, I'm cool like that), wore some giant lips around the house, chased baby sister around the house on a skateboard. Just the usual craziness at the Morcom house.  Here it is, now 9PM and I was supposed to have made a shopping list, made a few hairbows, and been puttering on Pinterest by now. Instead, I'm wondering exactly where that line of sanity is and if I have yet crossed it.....