Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I still love you today...

This is not about me hating Valentine's Day quite the contrary actually. I love Valentine's Day. It's just an extra day on the calendar that reminds us to show those we love that we love them.  Yea yea, it's a Hallmark holiday. Yes, I love my husband every day, which I show him by packing his lunch, making him dinner, washing his dirty socks, and picking up whatever dish he has left laying next to his computer. And yep, I'm pretty sure he loves me everyday by kissing me, or saying thank you for cleaning up after my slovenly butt, and by taking out the trash. Know what he doesn't do every day? Take me (and the kids) to Chuck E. Cheese.  Know what your husband doesn't do every day? Take you to a steak dinner.


Sure it's just a day on the calendar. But you whiny "I hate Valentine's Day" people, SUCK. Yup, I said it. I have no pity for you, I think you're just a whiner.  Sure we love our families every day of the year, shut up and celebrate it. And if you're single, surely there is something in your life that you LOVE. Celebrate your comfy bed, or your favorite TV show instead of whining at those of us that enjoy the holiday.


Last night, we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for Valentine's Day. It was great fun. By the time we left, my jaw hurt from laughing so hard.  At one point we caught our two year old helping a little boy cheat at skee ball. We enjoyed a romantic pizza and soda dinner, played lots of games, and went home with arm loads of candy, cheap toys, and giggles.  Could we have gone to Chuck E. Cheese any ol' day? Sure. But Valentine's Day is just a day on the calendar to do something special. Because as much as you naysayers SAY you love your significant other every day of the year, how often do you remember to do something special? Yea, that's what I thought. So put a big red heart on your calendar, quit whining, and go have some fun!


Oh, and if you were wondering, my husband still told me  he loves me this morning and *gasp* it's the 15th!!!